View Single Post
Old 2009-09-07, 21:54   Link #2517
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt122005 View Post
Triple, actual sales data is only given to the Publisher, and its not usually given to the public sadly.

Also, don't feel terribly sad about Shana. Remember that its in the TOP 25 (out of A HUGE PILE of Light Novels that got released here). So it's actually somewhat good. It beat a lot of other light novels, I mean, a HUGE AMMOUNT. lol
That's good to know. And, I just read some of the editorial at that link... the Haruhi light novel is beating out one of the FMA mangas.

Wow... now that's an accomplishment!

This could be great news for light novels, yeah. I'm very enthused about this... I think that light novels are a good way to get people into books who are frightened off by the sheer volume of, say, your typical Harry Potter book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
So...can we assume the idea to stock the novel in with the teen section actually was a somewhat prudent move on the publishers part?
Oh, hell yes.

The Haruhi novels read like school-based sci-fi for kids and teens. It really does! I get nostalgic over novels I read in school a decade and a half ago, almost every time I read some of the Haruhi novels on-line.

Haruhi anime fans that are...

1) Interested in reading the source material

2) Willing to fork out cash to do it/own it

...would pick it up anyway. Even if adult Haruhi fans feel a bit strange going into the teenager section to get it, they'll do it - or maybe get a younger relative to do it for them, lol.

By putting it in the teen section, it's been put in the section for the demographic that I'm pretty sure will appreciate it the most.