Thread: Licensed Ichigo 100%
View Single Post
Old 2004-08-07, 19:15   Link #14
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambience Blue
Srry if I sound really ignorant, just bounding into this thread, but I was wondering what exactly this manga is about and if it's worth the read. I've read a couple reviews and synopses on it, but all I can get out of them are that random girls fall out of the sky. Can anyone add a little more illumination for me?
Well, it's a slightly-perverted romantic comedy about a guy (Manaka) who dreams of becoming a movie director. His life gets turned upside down when, on one fateful day, he collides with a beautiful girl on the school roof (where, as you know, all fateful encouters in the anime/manga world occur). His only clues to her identity are a notebook she dropped... and his memory of her strawberry panties! The story revolves around Manaka's encounters with the various cute girls in his life, who all seem to have a crush on him (of course). You can expect a lot of embarassing situations and misunderstandings, as the indecisive Manaka's heart wavers as to which girl he likes the most. It's a high school love triangle+, similar to Kimagure Orange Road and I"s (among others). Overall, it's a fun manga and, of course, all the girls are really cute in their own way. Which girl will Manaka choose, and will the other girls be able to accept it? Will Manaka ever be able to live his dream of becoming a movie director and filming that girl with the strawberry panties? That's the story of Ichigo 100%!

P.S. No girls really fall out of the sky in this manga.