Thread: Diablo III
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-19, 19:45   Link #3607
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Yea, it'd be hard to lay all the blame on him. Although he seemed to want to eschew everything good about d2 in an effort to make something new, there's no doubt that other aspects of Blizzard crippled the D3 experience that was out of Wilson's control-- poor UI, forever to implemnt pvp, server issues, AH handling....
I just can't help but feel they attempted to put in WoW game elements in order to attract former WoW gamers. But they messed up because people want to play Diablo (like the instant death time limit). And the worst was when they raised the repair costs in a misguided attempt to lower inflation. With the consequence that anyone without top end gear become physically unable to break even and end up losing gold the more they play.
All in all they aren't trying to make a bad game; they just flat out have no idea what they were doing. And as such everything was in extended Beta until a few months ago.

Even Wilson admit that they betrayed the studio's motto of "release the game when it's done". The game was rushed out the door. I should never have paid full price for it.