View Single Post
Old 2004-03-12, 02:38   Link #22
FreeJPA

Heh, I'm glad someone else picked up on my connection with Bruce Lee and Rock Lee (glances @ Hairydolphin).

There're many connections associated with Rock Lee / Bruce Lee aside from the fact he's not crippled and seeking an operation.

Bruce Lee was a great fighter in hand to hand combat. Rock Lee (aside from Neiji...and Neiji doesn't count if this was reality since he's got "chakra" hehe) is probably the #1 genin in taijutsu.

Bruce Lee always had a serious look (the eyes sparked with determination). Hrm... from what I can tell, Rock Lee looks pretty determined.

Bruce Lee has that amazing high pitched yell (which I'm proud to say I can imitate fairly well hehe). Although we haven't heard Rock do it, Gai-sensei let one loose during the Konoha vs. Sand/Sound war (Rock's basically mini-Gai IMO heh).

So yea, in agreement with Hairydolphin, I think that Kishimoto is giving a tribute to Bruce Lee... if not a tribute, characterizing him as Bruce Lee. So I'm expecting Lee here to come back and kick some serious @$$ ! :fingers:
FreeJPA is offline   Reply With Quote