View Single Post
Old 2012-09-12, 09:44   Link #30
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
No spoilers in here, so should be fine. ^^

In a nutshell:
Rurouni Kenshin movie was freaking fantastic de gozaru.
Beautiful mix of comedy, action and drama on a gorgeous landscape of traditional Japan. Fangirl approved! (≧∇≦)v
(One of the best manga/anime to movie adaptations I've seen done in movie history)

Kenshin: Cute mode= Not bishie enough, lol. He didn't pull off that air of innocence so well, methinks.
Serious mode = So damn hot in every way, acting included
Kaoru: Something about the actress didn't quite cut it for me, she did well but... something was missing. (Kaoru's firey spirit?)
Yahiko: Perfect in looks and acting! <3
Sanosuke: Looks = needed to be more rugged.
Personality = Perfect for me, totally caught the spirit of the character.
Megumi: I didn't remember this character in the anime series, lol. But the actress played her very well, she played her part in the plot really good, was impressed.

Saitō Hajime: The actor (Yousuke Eguchi) was the living version of this character, I saw the guy and was like 'make me your woman nao!'.
Sooooo hot, amazing stage presence, was totally in 'humina, humina' mode.
Kanryu Takeda: The actor (Teruyuki Kagawa) plays the best comic, sly and underhanded villain I've seen in aaages, I LOVED him! It's nice to see other ways to be a 'bad guy' but I loved his role in the entire movie. Perfect!

Conclusion:
Definitely a DVD buy, I actually wanna see the movie again to be honest, but here's one happy endorphin sated fangirl!
Definitely check it out! (^.^)b

Edit:
PS:
This isn't for the faint hearted as people get sliced and diced in graphic detail, so yeah
(Also the soundtrack is freaking awesome!! I waaaaants iiiiiiiiiit)

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia

Last edited by Mystique; 2012-09-12 at 10:21.
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote