View Single Post
Old 2006-11-13, 16:58   Link #732
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdra View Post
School Days and Summer Days, minus the choices, are basically anime =p Like, literally. As you can imagine, they are indeed huge. There's a fairly brief English review here but I get the impression they come highly recommended, especially now Summer Days is finally fixed. Apparently. Definitely two games I'm looking forward to playing god knows when.
I'm not sure if it's fitting to call those two games "animes". They are "animated", yes. But 75% of the time the game is restricted to characters standing still with only mouth/eye movements. By current anime standards, the games' screenplay and storyboard are far too unnatural and awkward. I think a more fitting description for those two games would be "animated ADV" instead.

But it's true that 0verflow was the first company to tread in the unknown waters of "fully animated" games. By making School Days and Summer Days animated, they had to sacrifice quite a few things (art detail and visual variety, for example). I think minori took a balanced middle ground here by doing the best they can with the visual presentation without going too far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFool View Post
Just wondering about the OP, I didn't see it as a download on minori's site, I'm assuming it's part of the trial disc?
The OP was released as a storefront demo (that is, displayed on TVs in game shops) a couple of weeks ago, it's been quite the topic among the fans since then.

I believe a low-quality version of the OP (same quality as the Youtube one?) was included in the trial version disk that they're handing out right now as a tour event (Akiba report).
But I hear that the disk has some copy protection on it that's preventing people from extracting the contents. Anyway, from the Youtube video, it looks like someone managed to get the OP off of it.

As for the trial version itself, it contains the "opening portion of chapter 1", apparently (unlike the first fan disk version, where the story was already in progress). But from what I hear from those who have played it, it's even shorter than the first fan disk (something about "if you hold down the skip key, it'll be over in a minute").

Last edited by Sushi-Y; 2006-11-13 at 17:18.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote