View Single Post
Old 2004-12-14, 01:56   Link #6
Kai_Svenson

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarkand
On that I...

Spoiler:
Actually, I think the chair is necessary. In the terms of the manga, I am thinking that pride is believing oneself better than one is or closer to godhood than one is. The chair might just be a method of keeping Hohemheim alive longer than he should be, and thus would be father and Pride. Not how quickly he seems to leave already. He might not be able to leave the chair for long if it is him that was on the chair.

As for Hohemheim's reaction to his wife's death. Even if he isn't Father/Pride then I feel he was alliances with him/them. I think he knew of his wife's sickness, and was looking for a cure. Not only that, but the way she remained loyal and his words in this chapter that she knew he was doing that for her, but kept it a secret. Odds are through the philospher's stone, thus human translation, which being heavily frowned upon she kept secret.

If his is Father/Pride then he has his underlings looking for that reason. His one book seems to have a circle similar to that in the ruins Edward saw. Of course being Father/Pride would make him greatly older than he appears. It is possible that he was already working on the Philospher's Stone and had fallen in love with a normal human, Trisha, complicating his plans.