Thread: Crunchyroll Hunter X Hunter Anime (2011)
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-19, 15:23   Link #983
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
Before meeting Kite, Gon had no idea his father was a Hunter and he had no interest into becoming one either. Sorry, but their meeting was way more important than you're implying.

Removing all the Kite references, the anime is, in fact, hurt already. It will feel incredibly forced when/if they finally remember he exists. "Oh, by the way, Gon met this guy in the past before, although we've been ignoring the fact so far!!". I can't call this a good adaptation from the source when it's playing around so much with Gon's motivation.

Btw,

That was a great post. Gotta demistify the insinuation that this adaptation is being "faithful" to the manga, when that's far from the truth.
To put it another way, all Gon got from Kite was that his father was a Hunter. Which makes Kite the easiest person to replace ever. Heck, he could probably ask some random villager in his hometown. And personally I think his "I want to know what the job my father loved enough to abandon me is like" is a more compelling motivation than some stranger just telling him how cool it is.

Although I didn't like the changes made in the latest episode much.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote