View Single Post
Old 2013-01-31, 14:20   Link #364
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tusjecht View Post
-Weakness:
Blunt physical damage. Gold itself is extremely malleable. Wiki: 1 gram can be beaten into a square metre, or thin enough to become transparent. o.o
The other reason why I suspect that Gold is vulnerable to all forms of physical damage is that we have been told that the precious metals are weak against normal forms of damage in return for being resistant to exotic forms of damage.

Gold is the metallic color farthest to the "precious" side, and so logically it would have the most physical vulnerabilities while having the most special resistances.

Quote:
Electricity: Only silver and copper are more conductive.

Heat: same as electricity.
But Silver is resistant to heat.

(Not immune, as the LNs have shown me. Silver Crow did take minimal damage from the Immobile Fortress's venier flames, and Heat Blast Saturation -- which took off his arm -- is perhaps literally a heat/fire-based attack.)

Quote:
Weight. This is debatable, but gold is so heavy, only lead and osmium are heavier. In a duel avatar, this works out quite badly because your amour can't withstand physical strikes even though it's so heavy.
I doubt that real metals are so perfectly copied. There's no way that could be balanced.

And, as I said, Silver is resistant to heat, which is unlike real silver. So the game designer took reality as a suggestion, then made his or her own choices.

Quote:
-Acid/poison attacks won't work. Gold only dissolves in royal water, mixture of concentrated nitric and hydrochloric acid. Regular attacks aren't getting through.

-corrosion attacks are ineffective as well, gold is extremely unreactive.
Acid would fall under "corrosion".

It's unknown if poison and disease are considered seperate, but Gold likely is resistant to them as well.

Quote:
-Infrared radiation bounces right off. So in theory, microwave attacks and lasers should be ineffective.
Unless those count as "heat".

Mirror Masker's defense against "light" based attacks may have included a resistance against heat in general.