View Single Post
Old 2009-04-17, 09:46   Link #2017
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
Further, generally, given that Theory A requires a Capability of A and Theory B requires a Capability of 10A, Theory B had better have some really good things in its favor if it wants to be even marginally competitive.
Can you prove that Nanoha doesn't have that 10A necessary to pull it off?
I consider "She has enough power to pull it off" to be adequate. Consider the complexity of your argument: Just because you refuse to allow the possibility that Nanoha has enough magic output to operate remote scout spells throughout a shipwide AMF, you insist that the Cradle must be using some kind of selective AMF generator that only activates when Nanoha is in a room. Wouldn't it be easier to just flood the whole ship with an AMF? That way, you don't need to know where she is on the ship, her ability to fight will be hindered.
The latter is simpler, is it not? Also, note that the AMF wasn't even strong enough to prevent her from flying and fighting. Why would it be strong enough to break her links with her scouts?

Quote:
If anything, it is your side that needs all the data you listed up above, just to prove that Theory B that uses 10A is executable at all, let alone that Theory B is a better idea.
To this, I'll just say, S+ , Divine Buster and Starlight Breaker x5. Even after all that fighting, she was still only winded, not spent. Only when the AMF kicked into high gear was she shut down. I consider that to be more than enough to prove she has the reserves to power her scouts even under a shipwide AMF.

Quote:
Honestly, I was more concerned about the round dissolving.
The rounds wouldn't dissolve as long as Nanoha kept them supplied with magic, which she did, despite the AMF.

Quote:
From the fact they can easily communicate outside, it is not hard to see that AMF doesn't do much against magi-communications
Communications between what? An S+ mage at one end and a TD-cruiser at the other? They'd be real pathetic if they couldn't output enough magic to punch through the AMF to communicate. A tiny scout round on the other hand? It'd run out of magic real quick trying to punch through the AMF, whether it was shipwide or just in Nanoha's vicinity. The only way it can maintain contact is if Nanoha continuously supplied it with the magic needed to do so.