Thread: Licensed Shigurui: Death Frenzy
View Single Post
Old 2009-06-19, 23:00   Link #144
RHart80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beansy View Post
My internet sarcasm detector isn't working properly at the moment; are you actually being serious? I've seen enough insane posts here and there where it's hard to be sure.

If you're serious, this is kind of like someone saying [insert random serial killer or genocidal despot here] isn't as bad as [insert random politician here] because "at least he isn't a hypocrite."

So basically Kogan may be a sadistic, murderous, psychopath who sexually assaulted his own daughter and kills innocent people to test sword techniques, but at least he would never backstab his own people (except for the two former students of his summoned to guard him, who he literally stabbed in the back), and so apparently he's an honorable guy?

I thought it was pretty clear that Kogan was pretty much a monster. The fact that he occasionally did something nice instead of monstrous does not negate this.
Actually alot of stuff Kogan does in Shigurui was normal Samurai behavior. They tested swords out on people all the time how do you think they came up with the term 1,2,3, or 4 and so on body blade? They would see how many bodies the blade would cut through. As far as the Mie thing goes he never really "raped" her if you're talking about the part were he grabbed her at night and touched her he was making sure she was ready to get pregnant. Women were nothing but possesions in Fuedal Japan. He wanted to her to hurry up and get pregnant so she could seed his blood line. Sure he was bat shit crazy but I still would'nt have called him downright evil. There are no good/bad guys in Shigurui, you should know that. If anyone is a villain in Shigurui I would go with Irako.
RHart80 is offline   Reply With Quote