View Single Post
Old 2012-10-25, 20:20   Link #825
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Honestly, I kind of like Solace's "Madoka reincarnated" idea, though I do respect why AuraTwilight and Kazu-kun are less keen on it.

Here's the thing - Putting aside all the thematic, philosophical, and ontological discussions pertaining to Madoka, "Godoka", and the Madoka-verse, I feel that Kaname Madoka the Magical Girl remains a fount of largely untapped potential.

Aside from Episode 10 of the original TV anime, we never really get to see her at all.

So here's an idea, branching off of Solace's.

Godoka sees that these witches are coming back, in spite of her wish. To try to correct that, she kind of incarnates herself as a baby within Junko once more. Kaname Madoka is reborn, but with a strict destiny: The destiny to be the Puella Magi leader fighting back the renewed rise of the witches. She's not "coming back" to simply enjoy a normal human life, but to "finish the job" that her wish unfortunately did not do.

But honestly, that's just some whimsical speculation on my part. I doubt the narrative will go that way, though I do think it could be a lot of fun. Honestly, wouldn't it be neat to see all five members of the main cast actually fight as a magical girl team for a change?

Or perhaps Godoka will "give birth" to a brand new magical girl that's very similar to the human version of her "mother", but distinct in some ways. Now there's an idea that could easily fit into SHAFT's likely plans to milk this franchise for all its worth!

Edit: Honestly, I think we might be focusing too much on "Gen's vision", and not enough on where SHAFT wants this franchise to go. We already know from this thread here that Gen plans for the Madoka franchise to continue under the vision of different writers. That being the case, I wouldn't be so sure that Gen is going to be all that insistent on a very firm, particular vision for the world of Madoka Magica. I also think that it might be worth considering that the third movie itself might be, in part, a lead-in to where SHAFT plans to take this franchise next beyond the movie trilogy.

Honestly, I was shocked when I read that Gen is going to let other writers take over what is really the man's "baby" in many respect. I half-wonder if Gen might be going through a life transition like Anno did, where he might be mellowing out a bit over some of his core ideas, and hence be a bit more flexible when it comes to where the Madoka narrative can and will go.

Will there one day be a "Rebuild of Madoka" that contrasts with the original like how the Rebuild movies contrast with the original NGE? It might be something worth speculating about...

Last edited by Triple_R; 2012-10-25 at 20:36.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote