View Single Post
Old 2012-12-19, 00:53   Link #310
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
What is utterly ridiculous and unacceptable is Sugou's over the top evil villain portrayal which many have pointed out. he villain turned out to be some pathetic, weak clown with nothing to his name that makes him even remotely interesting. Letdown.
I wholly agree with this. In the beginning I was doubtful of his character being anything profound or exciting (obvious pervert wants chick for himself), but I didn't think too much of him. I kinda let it go. "Maybe he'll have a better reason alongside it?"

When he started showing his true self as some obnoxious douchebag who's out for mind manipulation because of "ULTIMATE POWER" for no other reason than wanting that power, I kinda just dropped any hope. When he started his inane cackling while molesting fan-service Asuna, I literally face-palmed. Literally. My face met my palm, and an audible smack sounded in the room. I hate these types of villains. If anything, they just appear as lazy psychopaths who were created by a character designer(s) with their attention set on other characters... How often have I seen the villain type that starts madly laughing with power? Too many times. I wonder what makes them even worth creating?

He starts acting like a total wimp with his sword when just seconds ago he was balancing a compensation-greatsword on his finger... Just what? I agree. Sugou was a terrible villain and a huge let-down.
Asuras is offline   Reply With Quote