View Single Post
Old 2013-01-26, 23:19   Link #11859
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupus753 View Post
Perhaps it is human nature - especially as children - to prefer goals, even subconsciously. However, this is personal philosophy and there's no telling if Isin believes that.
As I said before, I would believe that if we weren't talking about Medaka. Why would a child so far apart from people prefer a goal over nothing.

Quote:
Love is no less real or heartfelt simply because it is not mutual
True, but unrequited love is surely less satisfying than mutual love. She wants to love people and for them to love her back.

Quote:
I wouldn't say proof, just evidence. But I'm not sure if you consider those two to be quite different.
Depending on the situation...

Quote:
You've never brought up a good example of him stating his opinion to be objective.
As I said he insinuates.

I kind of agree here, as I've found Medaka fans on GameFAQs and myanimelist. Besides, one should look at the character polls held by Shonen Jump. It's still possible that support for her differs by age or nationality.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, Medaka fans can be found in many places, it's just that unlike haters, they don't usually make a spectacle of themselves.

As for differences in nationality, I hear this come up a lot whenever Japanese fans like stuff that some American fans don't. At times likes that, I'm reminded of Serial Experiments Lain. To cut a long story short, that show was written so that Japanese and Western viewers would differing views, but both sides had the same reaction. We really aren't all that different than them.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote