Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (movie & TV)
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-18, 15:30   Link #1650
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

In San Ramon I did the Star Blazers Fleet Battle System variant of the opening action in Episode 11 of Yamato 2199 between Gamilas and Gatlantis. This time it went more or less how the action went in the episode, though the Cometine ships managed to severly damage Dommel's flagship and wound him in action. He and his ship will be laidup for a while, thus giving Yamato some breathing room.

I'll write up a battle report for it later with pictures (assuming they came out alright as the room was in partial sunlight). It was almost a complete opposite of the play test version, though I can see how it could have turned around quite easily based on the tactics used.

Short version: The Gamilas Fleet destroyed the entire Cometine Fleet with the carrier being destroyed last. The Gamilas Fleet lost one high speed cruiser and a destroyer wth a few other ships damaged and the Fleet Battleship crippled during the last phase of the battle as the Comet Fleet decided to go out Kamikaze style. Including a ramming attempt by a squadron of Cometine Strike Fighters.