View Single Post
Old 2006-12-02, 01:20   Link #110
myopius

Hmm... I'm still not sure if it's Karen or Kallen, but I'll pick Kallen since I prefer it aesthetically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
Somehow I get the impression that Lelouch himself isn't taking the melodramatic "order of the black knights" really seriously. I'd say it's more of a propaganda trick/way of pleasing the masses than a serious "secret organization". Or maybe the cheesy outfits and the dramatic name is just the creator's way of showing us that capable as Lelouch might be, he's still just a teenager with a taste for cheap drama.
Indeed they do look cheesy, but really, to a lesser extent many other characters' outfits look odd. I mean, the Emperor's whole appearance is overdone, as is Kallen's overly ... terrorist outfit. Lelouch does seem to have a taste for the theatrical, but I don't think he does it for out of some odd sense of humor, it's just the way he rolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CronuZ View Post
Its gonna be a recap episode on Lulu's perspective future explaining some unexplained question like how he learn to pilot KnightMare, why is he and his sister are declared dead, why Ashford family sheltered them etc. I doubt this is gonna be a typical Gundam recap. Hopefully Taniguchi wont let his fans down on this.
I really would like this to be the case. By the way, your wording confused me, I thought you actually knew it was going to be that kind of recap, but from your last sentence I suppose you're just hoping.
How he learned to pilot a Knightmare, that's an interesting note. If they were only first used in the war on Japan, there's probably no way he would have had an opportunity as a child to learn to use one. Maybe he has used a simulator, however? Hmm, I wonder if anyone else knows about it, if that's the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retsoor View Post
I was quite surprised to see Lelouch give up something about his identity during his conversation, but after a while it seemed reasonable. Even if he disguises himself there's no way he's not giving hints as to who he might be, with that character of his. Showing off to Ougi and Karen in the trailer was classic.
From what they've seen, Zero has been able to accomplish the impossible in many cases. Acquiring a trailer doesn't seem like it would the act which would cause them to think, he must be a noble. He insulted the nobles when he mentioned that he "requested" it from them, too, so it doesn't seem like they would think, maybe he's close to or among the nobles so he's able to acquire these things. That was a very cool scene.

Quote:
Did anyone notice Euphemia staring at the end there? Was she worried about the future? Did Lelouch do something to make her want to save him? Or was she just making puppydog eyes at the dashing, daredevil dandy who came, saw, and was victorious, in matters both of flesh and heart?
Yeah, that's the impression I got, concern for what will happen. Also, I feel like maybe she's slightly troubled by the way Zero ripped into her brother as a mass murderer. And since Cornelia essentially did the same as that man, it may have caused her to think about her close sister in a troubling way, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
1. We are certain about nothing. This is speculation...but not an unwelcome one.
2. We are shown NOTHING at all. The scene between Euphemia and Zero ends on a cliffhanger with Zero drawing a gun on her and giving the feeling that he's going to kill her. Then we go back to Suzaku's fight. We don't know what Zero did in the meantime, before he detonated the building's facade right in Suzaku's face, which is why we wonder whether Lelouch did anything to Euphemia before setting her in one of those life rafts.
3. She doesn't get to speak at all after Zero draws his gun. Her eyes don't show the telltale, red iris rim that Geassed girl sports but we don't know exactly whether one can indeed rewire the subject's brain so as to 'reactivate' the instructions at given times.
I considered that he could have asked Euphemia to kill Cornelia when she was in a position to do so with no visible chance of failure, like if Cornelia handed her a gun and she checked that after Euphemia checked that it was loaded, or something. However, I had dismissed it, assuming that the cut from when Zero pointed his gun at Euphemia was so we wouldn't see him lowering it and then issuing the order to put the hostages on boats, to provide suspense. But, if that did happen to be the case, that Euphemia had a secret order... if it was to do an immoral act, I wonder how that would complicate Euphemia's character, to find that she had done such a thing. Anyway, I'm inclined to think he didn't order that, because his ideal scenario would be to question Euphemia with the Geass and then shoot her dead, and a puppet can't accomplish that. Edit: Actually, Wadjet may be right on. If he had a codeword of some sort so that Euphemia would, say, take herself hostage...

Really nice episode. Really, really nice.

Edit:
On the relationship between this show and Death Note. Obviously they have similarities, and comparisons can be drawn between them. Obviously they each also have their own unique traits. For some reason I sense major hostility when there's a Death Note reference, butI don't think anyone is arguing that they're exactly identical.

Last edited by myopius; 2006-12-02 at 02:13.
myopius is offline   Reply With Quote