View Single Post
Old 2008-01-13, 16:15   Link #487
Poemi-chan
Puni Puni Kobayashi

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidified
question: Not really about the culture...but I heard there are alot of "love hotels" in japan, mainly in the big cities. is this true?

im just asking
Well.... they're pretty damn useful because otherwise you'd have to not be bothered that your parents, the neighbors, the kids, and the vendor on the street all get to hear your love-making noises ... because the walls are thin and you have to share an apartment or boarding house with other families.

Love Hotels serve a *vital* purpose in providing getaways, quiet places for fun and frolic. Its becoming more common for a single individual to rent them just to have a quiet place to reflect (particularly with the themed room hotels).

As far as the sex, you just have to pack up any cultural baggage you have and put it away. This is Japan, not Kansas...
Come on! How is this really any different from a teenage couple paying for a hotel room to get some private time?? We basically have the same thing, it's just referred to differently! Geez, people get so judgemental just from the way things are worded. You should really read an article called "Nacirema". It'll give you a wider perspective on Western culture.