View Single Post
Old 2009-03-05, 12:38   Link #1208
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I really hope the anime won't follow the manga. The manga spoils way too much since the beginning giving that feeling that something horrible is definitely going to happen, while the game is more subtle about that. What i mean is the Battler in the game doesn't really feel there's something terrible lingering in the air (he just notices a few strange facts), while the Battler in the manga seems quite scared just looking at the epitaph.
I doubt they'll follow along with the manga that much. But at the same time I doubt they'll follow along with the game that much either. It's like a movie based off a game or a book - it's never as good as the original. But that's mostly because the book or game is long that they can't fit everything in.

Episodes are about 24-30 minutes each, so it's close to 2 hours for each game. Someone who gets through the first episode of Umineko in 2 hours was surely pressing the 'S' key to fast forward through it.

As far as art style goes it's definitely different from the style that Higurashi is drawn in.

EDIT: Not to be off-topic, some pics:

Spoiler for Pictures: