Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (movie & TV)
View Single Post
Old 2011-11-16, 04:23   Link #32
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I imagine they will be styled more like the 2009 movie. The character art was similar to the short lived Yamato 2520 series, but more advanced. What little the preview showed reminded me of that. I wonder about some other detail things that were very Matsumoto. The uniforms for one. The trend for round cog like dials is another. The whole ship actually, but that's one thing they know they can't change. The doctor and his cat, but they will likely stay.

From what I recall in the 2009 film, they still had some people with the old arrow uniforms (basically just a few of the Black Tiger squadron members and Captain Kodai) and the females had a white version of Yuki's yellow uniform still. The controls were all different (more modern) and the cat, doctor, and Analyser (IQ9) were still present (they are about the only ones to still have a Matsumoto design in the film outside the Final Yamato flashback). So if the want to make it so the new series could be linked to the 2009 movie, they would keep what they need to and ditch the rest.

The preview we see Kodai in a space suit. Shima in some sort of uniform. Yuki's head shot. The Captain (the only one voiced). Sasha's body (behind the red capsule), the much more detailed Cosmo Zero (possibly over Mars, though it could easily be Earth), The higher detail pre-Yamato Earth Fleet and the three kinds of Gamilon light warship...and of course Yamato herself.