View Single Post
Old 2013-05-28, 04:10   Link #4028
Soviet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold~as~Ice View Post
can someone give me their thoughts on this game.
http://vndb.org/v629

I'm trying to fill in the hole the Grisaia series left so I need some suggestions please
The problem with the Akatsuki no Goei trilogy is that the writer really can't be bothered to write proper endings. They are usually rushed and unsatisfying, with Shuumatsuron being totally unfinished, guess they ran out of time or money during the production.

Now, in terms of pure entertainment value it doesn't get much more awesome than Akagoei, the humour is amazing and always present, the characters are so much fun and with Kaito and Tsuki you pretty much get the best protag and the best maid of all time.

Kaito basically acts like a weak joker, so everybody always assumes that he is all bark and no bite even though he is freakishly powerful so it is always entertaining waiting for the wolf to shed its sheep clothing.

Read it for the humour and Kaito being a total badass but don't expect a grand conclusion for anything ever in this series. Also, Reminiscence comes out this Friday, it's set 150 years after Akagoei and shares some characters, with the main heroine being Kaito's daughter. My most wanted game for this month, can't wait.
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote