Thread: Ruko's Vectors~
View Single Post
Old 2009-03-25, 16:29   Link #18
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animeruko View Post
Some things bug me though like making those white spots(highlights?) they look really strange and i don't want to use "blurr" since i don't really like it.. anime doesnt use blurr its usually just 2 colors on top of each other sometimes weird things happen from video compression artifacting that make it look like blurr though...
You can always erase them or change their color so that they blend more with the corresponding base color; Changing the opacity and fill levels is also an option. I have been blurring my stuff for quite a while now, and I always try to change the overall look of the image to somehow reflect my personal style in them.

IMHO, If you feel there's something in the image that displeases you, all you need to do is change it.

Quote:
Something else ive noticed from doing these and looking at other vectors ... Anime styled art looks really bad as its resolution increases ... even if you compensate for increased resolutions it still looks pretty bad.. Maybe its the lack of more shades and details or maybe its just me... I don't know how to "Airbrush" work so i cant test it myself to see if that does actually look better at higher resolutions.
Do you have an example of this you can show me? English sometimes fails me, and I may be misunderstanding your comment here.

Quote:
My next step is to actually move over to making 3D models of anime characters using Maya... but i'm a good bit away from being able to do things like that ...
Have you checked Satsumaru's thread? He's doing this sort of thing at the moment, and I think he's actually quite skilled.