View Single Post
Old 2008-12-16, 05:55   Link #23
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craymel View Post
I didn't really see much of a quality drop in this episode and I'm really sensitive to this sorta thing. I didn't really think sunrise's animation was really good in the first place mostly due to unfair comparisons I've been making to I.G's cutscenes in the game. I don't think the show is all that poorly animated though it certainly isn't off putting in any way.
Buddy just tried to claim that this episode was more poorly animated then Violinist of Hamelin so I think that sets the level of his credibility right there. There wasn't really any need to respond to such absurdity, but I will say this. It's important to Keep in mind those cutscenes are a handful of 1-3 minute sequences that are made for a game versus twenty six 22 minute sequences that are being made for an entire series. Of course they are going to look a fair bit more polished and detailed overall, especially given the more liberal time window they probably had to do them it.. It has little to do with it being I.G.

Although there's at least one scene from the game that I remember looking really odd that happens during the Binah war. It's when a group of what are supposed to be soldiers are fighting on top of a ship, but they actually look like little more then a handful of vague shapes that sort of resemble jagged looking humans swaying back and forth to simulate what I can only assume was meant to be swordfighting. Really awkward.

And the animation in the episode is fine. Christ, it's a video game adaptation for crying out loud not the latest Pixar movie, and it looks a hell of a lot better then most. Yeah I'm looking at you Shining Tears x Wind, got a problem?

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2008-12-16 at 06:10.