View Single Post
Old 2013-03-22, 03:39   Link #110
Warm Mist

I don't find anything worth defending in AB!'s composition, animation or art direction. Same goes for Musashi Gundoh, with the added plus of having a horribly fucked up schedule (and probably a very low budget).
I admit that I went too far in putting the two in the same category, but disregarding any direct comparison, neither passes the threshold of "acceptable" to me.

And yes, there are more "QUALITY" shows out there, and they're offensive crap too. That doesn't make AB! any less horrid. I don't remember complaining about GC or F/Z in this thread or anywhere though, since they're good and even above average, but I wouldn't put them in the highest of tiers either (F/Z is more arguable since it depends on your tolerance/preference for ufotable's filters and CG use).

About the Hyouka example, yes, the background in that tracking shot is low-quality CG, but the color palette remains good, and the characters are animated by hand with no noticeable technical problems. I don't think the use of a tracking shot is in itself a bad decision, but yes it could be better executed. It's nowhere near as bad as the best (or least bad?) scene in AB!, though.
Warm Mist is offline   Reply With Quote