View Single Post
Old 2011-08-30, 22:29   Link #2005
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
My argument for this is that Fukuda/Morosawa aren't the only people to blame. I also shoulder the blame on the Sunrise/Bandai suits.

After the positive reception (especially among the UC traditionalists) to Seed (due to the fact that it's a re-imagining of the UC [specifically, MSG]), GSD throws in several references/homages to UC (hence the pandering to the UC crowd).
Well what you may or may not know is that Gundam Seed Destiny was first written to be a shorter or even OVA level series (Until Bandai demanded more), and that's one reason why many believe the first 5, 6 episodes are absolutely superior to the rest of the series in comparison...

I'm a big UC douchebag and I tell you the first 5 or so episodes of GSD were maybe some of the best episodes of Gundam I had ever watched, so that's another reason why I (and I know so many more) were absolutely bitter beyond belief in our bashing of this show because it actually started off incredibly strong...

Quote:
I heard that a similar situation happened to 00's second season. While the first season bore superficial similarities to Wing (despite the head writer saying that he never watched Wing), the second season was more like UC.
Gundam 00 did it right...While it did pay homages as ever G-series does, it never compromised it's story to do these things...And whether you liked it or hated it, you can never say Gundam 00 didn't have it's own story to tell, a story that moved it's themes from episode 1 to the final seconds of it's final movie...So in that sense it's similarities with Wing and perhaps Zeta were quite inconsequential (Universally so if compared to GSD)...