Thread: Ending of Air
View Single Post
Old 2007-08-27, 17:59   Link #119
K3cT
Arcadia of My Youth

Send a message via MSN to K3cT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samatarou
That was exactly what I didn't feel though. At the end of episode 12 I did feel that their sacrifices were all for nothing, that was what made it so depressing. It was only through reading lots of other opinions on the series that I began to see it was possible to find a positive interpretation of the events, and although I now feel the curse probably was broken, I'm still damned if I can explain it to anyone else in a way that sounds convincing. For one thing, if in principle it is impossible for a human to contain the soul of a winged being, then only by stopping the cycle of reincarnation can Kanna find peace, yet we apparently see another incarnation at the end.. unless the little girl is meant to be someone else, eg. Uraha?
Super late response but well, yeah. I could see where you were coming from. The anime wasn't clear on several details but the game went more in depth so we would be more clear at least about the ending. In regards of the soul of winged being, see my previous post. In the end, I believe that Kanna is given another chance to lead a normal human life in which she can be finally together with Ryuya (if the boy IS really him) due to Misuzu and Yukito sacrificing their lives to reach their respective goals. I guess we can also infer that Sora/Yukito managed to find Kanna somewhere in the vast sky otherwise, those kids wouldn't be together.
K3cT is offline   Reply With Quote