View Single Post
Old 2008-09-13, 19:17   Link #225
PzIVf3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Probably just hit water. The Tannhauser is essentially the same as the Lohengrin cannons, and positron cannons are, from what I understand, antimatter beam cannons. There was a very good reason why Murrue refused to use the Lohengrins within the Earth's atmosphere on a target, and that massive explosion we saw is likely that reason.
If it hit the water this will send high up in to the air that would indicate a near miss and no explosion. If there no explosion there will be no fire and flooding at the engine compartment and the A.A. is perfectly good condition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinoras View Post
What? I am guessing here that you mean that when Kira shut down the nuclear reactor, the phase shift armor will die as well. Well, that is true. But from the fact that Kira's cockpit remained intact, the explosion did not seem to take place anywhere near the cockpit. Maybe it's like the eye of the storm or something. OR maybe the cockpit is highly protected and is encased in multiple layers of titanium. We just don't know, considering the CE generation mobile suits have very limited data on them. They don't even have the numbers for total propulsion, for God's sake.

OR then again, he could've just ejected the whole cockpit and the giant wave covered his descent to the water. It's hard to believe, but plausible.

OR, we can all just blame it on Destiny's bad writing. For some reason, I loved that show, but by god, it had plot holes larger than the pacific ocean.
Then the Strike should have the ejection seat in the near self destruct of the Aegis.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote