View Single Post
Old 2009-11-20, 19:16   Link #32
Joe_fh

I don't know why but that episode felt like a complete waste of a whole episode for some reason. Maybe that's because it's going to be only 12 episodes and there a lot of things to cover and we're halfway through already.

Still we leared a couple of new things about Izanami and Izanagi. We also saw Shion and from the way he looked he must have used his power again at some point after he escaped but we still don't know what his power is so that really doesn't help much. I thought it was something connected with revivng as you guys mentioned above but he couldn't have used it on his father since he ran away on foot from there meaning he didn't use his ability at that point. and form the info in the report the body was a day old meaning it was created right before the events in episode one.

About Suou - well the episode showed a couple of important things about her. She still has feelings for people around her and she acts on them, she thinks rationally and logically unlike in the previous episdes and in a complete contrast with the first one she seems to loose herself in her contractor killing nature at times. Also she seems to view doll the way Hei did in episode one -as something more than just tools but she has stornger feelings for them.
The scene with the glass was qutie brutal. Now why didn't she use her power the moment she saw that guy and instead tried to run away. She was near him so she should have figured at least something about his power and while he was talking she could have shot him seing she brutally impailed a woman with pieces of glass just a second ago. Ok that was done due to the fact that they had to move on with the episode so it wasn't really anything one could complain about.

Another thig is that unlike before the FSB now doesn't seem to want to kill Suou. There was also that creepy glasses guy who I might add felt really out of place and his background which hinted he was a serial killer that only killed women didn't really help, not to mention he freeked out when he saw July's observation ghosts. How is he considered a good agent when he killed a person that had nothing to do with what he had to do? Well he died so there's no reason to mention him anymore.

We again saw that dolls do have feeling but they're not vary good at showing them. I think it's clear July is acting on his own free will in joining Hei and Suou.

Mao doesn't really fit in the story for me. He's mostly there to provide us with funny scenes and every now and then say something important but that's it. And what's with him always grabbing strange things - there was the bath scene in episode one and now Suou's skirt. I mean really - fanservice squirrel moments?

From the way things are going and the preview it seems that the FSB now only wants info from Hei and Suou. I think that maybe Section 13 is a organistion of the Syndicate so we might seem everyone trying to bring them down in the end. Of course with that we loose the Tanya vs Suou development which was sure to be very interesting if done right and would be a good point to show the Darker than Black atmosphere - killing one of your best firends and all the doubt, fear and regret that comes with it.

Basically the epiosde wasn't bad at all but it slowed down the progress of the plot since it mostly showed events that have no major impact on future events. And as I said considering it will only be 12 episodes this isn't really a good point.