View Single Post
Old 2008-01-13, 23:28   Link #79
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

I think you people are pushing waaaaaaaaaaay too hard on your dislike for this episode.

I mean this GIANT YELLOW TORNADO just popped up in the middle of the school festival, Yuji was about to bite the big one with two people gunning for him (am I going to die now, can I stop her, oh god oh god), Margary absolutely loses it (finally I found the silver, now I've got him, die die die), the entire school is in ruins (students become bloody ragged dolls being tossed about, Tanaka OPENS HIS FREAKING EYES once he sees what happens to Oga), Carmel has to keep Marg from killing Yuji (can she do it, how is she going to handle of this, is she still capable of kicking butt) I mean there's alot of crap going on.

I mean you said it yourself:

Quote:
Not everybody read the novels and know everything about Shakugan no Shana's plot points beforehand -- including probably a sizable part of the anime's fans.
Instead of throwing a negative trait to Pheles suddenly becoming weaker, shouldn't you be offering up points of discussion as to why? Maybe she needs to be one with Reji or she'll die? Perhaps that tornado took alot out of her? There's countless things to consider.

Besides which, when was the last time you heard Yuji screech in horror like that? Wow that was fantastic. I know it sounds sadistic, but when a show doesn't cut back in scenes like that (the actual direction they went with on how Oga's body become a bloody bruised up mess being tossed aside by Marg's flame was superb) says alot.

You guys need to relax. Now we can finally dig deeper into this show. If Pheles was the end all of all things well then this would have been the last episode and everyone would have DIED, that's not exactly a smart way to go about things.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!