View Single Post
Old 2008-07-16, 23:33   Link #12
VRMN
Dangoism

Send a message via AIM to VRMN
Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
To be honest I find it really hard to see Hayate being released as a bundle with character CDs and whatnot, unless as extras-only with LEs, which is unlike the Haruhi OP/ED and character songs which have been available to be sold on their own in retail.

I see it more as a no-frills release with like 13-ep boxsets.
I agree, and think this is the perfect series to try that kind of approach, with a Geass-like "part" approach, though without the uber-edition (and maybe without the singles).

The character CDs and OP/ED CDs for this series are a lot more complicated to do than for Haruhi and Lucky Star. For Haruhi and Lucky Star, the opening and ending songs were song by the seiyuus and therefore are pretty easy to license. For Hayate, you had artists like Kotoko and Mami Kawada doing the songs, which is a separate license which Bandai probably doesn't have. As for the character CDs, though they avoid /that/ issue, they do have the issue of having short dramas on the discs. Those would need to be translated (and probably dubbed), which while Bandai's doing that for Geass' drama CDs, I don't think they see Hayate on that same level.