View Single Post
Old 2010-04-26, 08:37   Link #46
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
Firstly, Olivier annoyed me as always acting all tough and all. The whole "you're under my command now" and soldiers instantly listening to her was so unconvincing that I can't believe Arakawa did that. "Defend yourselves and don't be killed". No s*it Sherlock. And I should start with the fact they didn't shoot her on sight (even though they were ordered to) but waited until she could talk to them and until dolls came.
I can appreciate that you have a problem with her attitude, but come on, the soldiers found themselves in an impossible situation and she was the only one who appeared to know what she's doing. Of course they were going to follow her.
Quote:
Secondly, the thing with Roy was utterly stupid. From berserk mode Roy went to hugging everyone, saying that shrimp make him realize his mistake (yeah, right...), etc. That was completely out of his character.
He wasn't ''hugging'' anyone, everyone made him realise that his behavior as someone who was aiming for the top was unacceptable. What was really OOC was when he started talking down to Envy and saying ''I'll give him the worst death imaginable''.
Quote:
1) Roy killed dozens of innocent people (and who knows if not hundreds, with his destructive power I wouldn't be surprised), woman and children also (whether directly or not, doesn't matter) as well as Ishbalans that only defended themselves from aggressors and had no chance against Amestris' superior power (and he knew it). He didn't kill Envy however, because it was, eh... wrong?! So mass murderer, trash and war criminal in one person was of more worth than dozens of Ishbalans? It certainly looks that way. Mustang literally made people s*it themselves and he didn't even budge then but continued to do a human barbecue. There was no sign of emotion when he fried people, even the ones that had no strength to fight back. What's more a while later he cheerfully talked with Hughes! Years later he flirted with girls and acted casually as if nothing happened, he wasn't a psycho and didn't kill people randomly. Why would killing Envy change him? Let's be serious here.
Yeah, your twisting things here. Roy didn't take pleasure in doing those things, he was fighting for his country (and even after doing all of that, he decided to change it so such conflicts won't happen again). He put on the womanizer persona to help him with his undercover work and plans. Him killing Envy would make him the thing he was fighting to change i.e. he was going to become a homicidal monster, just like what Scar was doing.
Quote:
2) I don't know what Roy was waiting for with killing Envy. Before Riza or Ed could do anything he would have already burned him. He also should have done that before Riza put a gun into his head, it looked like he was waiting for her to do it. He also could kill Envy without hurting Ed (he would only warm up his automail a little).
...because he wanted to ridicule him some more? Roy was ''enjoying'' seeing Envy in that state, and he wanted to make him suffer more.
Quote:
3) Scar was preaching him, now that's a good one. He and Scar are completely different and their revenge was on a different scale too. Scar hated (and still hates but he is over with killing) ALL Amestrians. Whether they were doctors (that saved his brethren lives) or children (Ed, Al) it didn't make a difference to him. His desire for revenge had no end since there were many Ishbalan murderers. Mustang however hated only ONE person. Chain of hatred would end where it started with one death. He would kill Envy and it would be THE END. And no, I won't believe that it could change him in any way. If he wasn't changed for worse after killing innocent PEOPLE (not some worms, mass murderes at that) he would most certainly not be changed by killing the biggest son-of-a-**ore that existed. He was a guy in his thirties, people don't change easily at that age. And we've seen he could flirt, joke and live a normal life after what he had done in Ishbal, if Envy's death would change him that would mean Ishvalans were worse trash to him than Envy, i.e. he was SOF** himself and a racist.
All throughout FMA, the act of vengeance has been taken as being wrong with out discrimination. This is not about ''Envy was better than all of the people Roy killed'' but about Roy having sworn to change the country after seeing what happened during the war, and him killing Envy in that manner would make him no better than Scar or Bradley.
Quote:
4) To Riza torturing Envy was OK (she let Mustang burn Envy's eyes, tongue, etc.) but killing him no. She wanted to kill him herself though.
Back then in front of the entrance Mustang was angry, but he didn't enter into the state where he became bloodthirsty and started torturing him for the hell of it. And she wanted to finish the job herself because Roy was on the verge of becoming completely homicidal. She was against him killing Envy because he wasn't himself at that point.
Quote:
6) Envy not killing Riza the first time they've met in the tunnels was strange.
Envy style is to torment people. He even said how he wanted to use her beaten up corpus to tick Roy even more. When it comes down to it, he will go with the option that will damage his enemy emotionally.