View Single Post
Old 2010-08-21, 12:00   Link #98
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Well, a lot of the battles against the Espada were highly circumstantial.

Mayuri implanting the bugs in Ishida that allowed him counter Syzael's dolls for example, if Ishida had not happened to fight #8 then Mayuri possibly would've been no match for Syzael. Or Shunsui having two vizard captains distract Stark, giving him not only enough time to launch a sneak attack with his shikai, but also pushing Stark enough into using his most powerful attack which makes his guns disappear and forced Stark to fight up close. Or Ichigo facing an Ulqiuorra who has habit of putting neat little holes in his enemies' chests rather than, say, decapitating them.
Actually, with Mayuri, he ALLOWED himself to get subjected to Syzael's attacks knowing he already had a counter... Under normal circumstances i doubt he would be so foolish; he'd send Nemu in to be the guinea pig... And a never even said that had to be the same match up. Syzael seemed very weak and probably could have been dealt with most other fighters with Bankai

And Stark, ya i STILL give the vizards no credit... Stark stopped paying attention to Shunsui all on his own when Shunsui decided to lie on the ground and play dead. And hell, even if it was needed ANY vice captain could have distracted Stark for a minute. Really all and all, Shunsui being able to kill Stark with nothing more than like two shikai attacks, is enough to make me think that most captains could have killed him with their Bankai's

really in a number of cases the same match ups do not need to happen. Half these guys would probably die from Mayuri's poison. Byakuaya and Kenpachi seem like they would be able to handle most of these guys aswell. Soi Fon at the least can probably kill some of the lower ranking members with her Shikai... A lot of the fights seem like they could easily be interchanged; hell halibel should probably consider herself lucky she got matched up with one of the weaker captains... Barry and #7 are the only ones that really seemed like they would need a more specific kind of fighter to deal with them

Last edited by Slayerx; 2010-08-21 at 14:06.