View Single Post
Old 2013-08-28, 16:33   Link #4171
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanbeKotori View Post
I appreciate what he/she did but you know sometimes a company can try to be funny and anyhow sub the scenes out. I trust the parent company but not those western companies.

You know what happened to Kono Oozora ni, Tsubasa wo Hirogete. Those western companies sometimes know nuts how to change an eroge into something non-eroge.
Moenovel seems to be strongly related to Willplus. It's even possible (and some others also think this) that it is even a subsidiary of Willplus and that would make Moenovel a part of the parent company.
So most of these decisions for changes on "If my Heart had wings" were probably also made by the original staff

Quote:
An example I point out is EF. My friend said the Eng translations by MangaGamer were good but I find them mediocre....much much more worse than the original.
I think i once said this on twitter, but it's nearly impossible to make a translation that equals the original.
It's not even possible in other media like world literature. The translated versions of books that i read, such as Madame Bovary, Les miserables, 1984 or any work from Shakespeare, were worse than the original. In some languages , the translation were even much worse.

Quote:
Besides all nukige have shit stories(I don't even bother to read them while tracking monthly eroge releases).
Harumade Kururu (which in first part of the story starts out as a nukige) and possibly some others beg to differ

Edit: because my laptop broke down unexpectedly, i am forced to play 1/2 summer+ on the psp. Let's see what they have changed with this port, because from what i can remember the original was pretty heavy on the H-scenes

Last edited by hyl; 2013-08-28 at 16:47.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote