View Single Post
Old 2010-12-25, 22:08   Link #721
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post

For reference, Mikoto once said (in Vol16) the supermarkets in Academy City uses a more high tech computer system sorting through their stock than anything the military networks outside of Academy City have access to. That's how much of a difference between technology there is; even without the Vol20 bit where the AC airforce was pwning the Russian airforce without taking a single loss, and AC planes even have laser weaponry on most of their planes (from what I know military lasers in Real Life is non-existent right?).

Erm... That's not completely false either... Airborne Laser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Talking about the crossovers discussion we had a while back... I forgot I was following a Index/MGS (yes you read that right, METAL GEAR SOLID!) crossover some time ago, and only now did I remember to check on it.

Set three years into the future of the current Academy City, Misaka Mikoto has gone missing and there are a few terrorists-suspected attacks, in which later it was discovered they are all actually targetting Touma because he is a former member of "The Organization," something which Snake (who was assigned to be Touma's bodyguard) was also an ex-member of. And after three years gone... it seems that Mikoto's status was not "Dead" as reported all along...

... Possibly the most... uh, "awesome" in my own words, crossover I have stumbled upon so far.
I find that people are too restricted by the idea that a toaru story must involve either Touma or Mikoto... When it comes to stuff like the military isn't it more obvious that Tsuchimikado or Accelerator is more suited to lead these stories?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote