View Single Post
Old 2008-04-11, 04:17   Link #255
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Having watched episode 1 of Vampire Knight, I think this is the first vampire anime I have ever though was well done. Finally vampires that are both bestial and charming. Intensely romantic and intensely cruel. Quite frankly the show is intense enough that it really does need comedy moments to keep it from becoming too dark. I loved episode 1, so I just hope the rest lives up to the beginning.

I've been disappointed by many anime with vampires in the past. Tsukihime just skipped over everything interesting because there wasn't enough time in 12 episodes. Hellsing is just horror-action where Alucard is only a monster that happens to be named vampire. Master Mosquiton was mere comedy silliness without anything that makes vampires fascinating. Black Blood Brothers was just Bleach with fangs. The less said about Blood+ the better. The depressing list of disapointments goes on. I hope I'll finally have a good vampire anime that I can proudly recommend to others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
and am i the only one who find the blood sucking sorta kinky...
Oh my goodness. I think you've just discovered the whole point of watching real vampires!

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote