View Single Post
Old 2009-11-27, 20:42   Link #85
vinesage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanonTheFurniture View Post
Well not really that I find it plausible; no matter how I see it, this magic scene didn't really happen, and no one actually fell through the floor in the first place. I'm just saying that from the magical perspective the scene tries to present, it comes off looking somewhat odd.

Again, it's not that it wouldn't be fatal as it is a departure from what Meta-Ange later tells Meta-Battler about 'the best method of killing'. Look at it from the perspective of the survivors who might happen upon the bodies later. They didn't see Kinzo's supposed massacre, they just see the corpses. Compare that to the rose garden shed in EP1 and the idea that someone in there may not really be dead, but either A) a potentially faked corpse (impossible in this case, everyone's face is clearly theirs) or B) the 'dead' in question are the people we assume them to be, but with some sort of makeup used to fake death (Nanjo only checked one or two corpses for rigor mortis, or if he's an accomplice, even that could be a lie). If someone came to the dining hall later after hearing Kumasawa and Gohda's story, they might see, say, Rosa, with a hole in her neck, and presume 'oh, man, she's dead alright'. Maybe the wound is fake, and Rosa is still alive and only pretending? I don't personally believe this theory, mind you, I'm just saying that changing the depiction of the killings in the Anime MAY be significant.

No offense taken. However, if I were trying to find mistakes, I would have noticed them when I watched the raw, and I didn't pick up on these until having watched the raw twice and then watched the sub. I think the episode was done very well and my only real complaint would be the cut of Shannon/Kanon's entire conversation (what was kept just seems strange without the rest) or Kinzo's 'what are your children worth to you?' bit being removed. I rated this episode a 9 and really enjoyed it. I'm not trying to nitpick just for the sake of finding fault with the Anime, I just thought I may have noticed a few oddities that could potentially pose different interpretations compared to the VN version.
That sounds totally logical from you, I like it :-)

Anyway, I havent read VN yet, so dont know how those corpses are going to be found. and As long as it is not shown, it doesnt really matter to me if their heads are complete blown off or not, all 6 of the dead are still alive in my book as of now.
But I sure do understand your point as well. I'd wait first for next ep to see how battler find the corpses before coming back to you ;-)

and about those magic scenes: isnt it supposed to look weird at first place? how can you make any anti-fantasy theory if the magic scene are complete logical? aka they fell through the floor and landed in the dungeon right beneath it, well that sounds a bit too logical for my taste