View Single Post
Old 2010-05-20, 23:59   Link #10372
Raiza Sunozaki

Irregardless, Linkin Battler. Whether or not Battler was aware the person imposing as Shannon, she is still Beatrice. Names are irrefutably attached to the object they are related too, elsewise we couldn't trust most of the red we are given.
Example: this Beato you speak of may be recognized by Battler as Shannon, but that doesn't alter the fact that other people would call her Beatrice or Beato anyway.
So... you choose to use Shkanon? Wonderful, tell me, how do you prove that the two of them are separate people? Or are you just going to recycle previous theories? I'd like to hear something original to support it.
More so, where is the proof this "Beatrice" kills them before the game begins in any of the Episodes? Are we supposed to go along with your assumption that it happens? Don't make me laugh! Knox's 8th: It is forbidden for the case to be solved with clues that are not presented. If Shannon or Kanon are dead before the beginning of any game, clues must be shown to prove it.
I'll repeat myself, Linkin, so don't misunderstand me this time. In no such way, is a fantasy concept such as collaboration between meta and non-meta characters possible. We are led to believe it is so, but this is only during scenes of unreliable narration. All the mysteries that take place on Rokkenjima can be explained without magic and fantasy elements. Once again, don't confuse fantasy and mystery.
After reading through your how and who dunnit, I found several discrepancies. First of all, how can your Beatrice kill Kanon or Shannon if the other is pretending to be the other? You already said you support Shkanon. This is a heavy flaw, since both Shannon and Kanon being dead completely contradicts large chunks of red. And if one is still alive, how can you say your "Beatrice" exists on the island? Have you killed off Erika as well? If so, what do the fantasy scenes where she appears mean?
Next, you ignore several things that need to be explained, such as 07151129, you haven't even touched Episode 6 and the logic error. You are also ignoring all of 1998, which must have some importance for us who are solving Umineko. Ryuukishi's not the kind of writer to throw this much text at us without hiding something important in it. And don't forget Beato's last mystery of Episode 4. Somehow, Battler dies, being to only person left alive on the island. And it is not by suicide. Of course, everyone here is probably confident in the answer, but for dilligence, please include it in your theory as well.
You're also disregarding an important revelation of Episode 5: the faking of the first twilight. The point of this was to have people understand that the initial concept of all the first twilights was that they were to be faked. Then, along comes the culprit and their accomplices, and they kill the fakers. You fail to explain who this has any merit for the arcs previous to Episode 5.
As I've pointed out, there are large, important chunks of Umineko your theory has failed to explain or even cover. If you want to claim your theory "explains all of Umineko," then cover all of Umineko, not just the parts which suit your theory.
Raiza Sunozaki is offline   Reply With Quote