Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-07, 09:30   Link #21811
sneaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
Mhh, from here all I see is that Europe as a whole is in recesion becasue they forgot a simple fact, you cannot expend more than you earn. Back on the '70s here in Mexico we did just that and lost a whole generation recovering (meanwhile the world moved on). The problem is that I see europe is overheated politicaly, getting results is no longer about right or wrong, in the minds of the people is about left or right, which is not the same thing.
It is not Europe as a whole. Germany's unemployment rate is currently the lowest since 20 years (German re-unification), 2011 they broke their export record (exceeded 1 Trillion Euro), deficit for 2011 is at 1.x%, for short term bonds they are paying no interest or even below zero interest.

And to all PIIGS's blaming others: fuck you!
If you think you can do so well without "Merkozy" than stop taking German money. Without that you would've been totally bankrupt already. So instead of pay cuts that means zero pay. You want to stop austerity? Fine. But tell me with whose money first!
You did the opposite of austerity for a long time now, and it didn't really work out.
The people of Ireland have accepted the "Merkozy" measures in a plebiscite with a good 60% last week, btw, instead of burning Nazi flags.

*(Not implying the "Merkozy" measures are good or even sane, but Greece has itself to blame first and foremost, really.)