Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-12, 20:54   Link #23422
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
It very well could be an Islamist extremist who wanted to incite violence against westerners and Israelis. I'm convinced that this "Sam Bacile" is not a Jew. If he was a Jewish person who loves Israel and loves his people, why would he make this film so incredibly, shamelessly, blatantly hate filled and incendiary and then make it a point to proclaim himself a Jew and emphasize that and emphasize getting "100 donation from wealthy Jews" when he would know full well that all this would lead to violence against Israelis? That's right, a Jewish person wouldn't do all this. Sam Bacile isn't Jewish. Who ever made this is framing Jews and trying to create enough hateful anger to lead to the death of Jews and Westerners. This "Sam Bacile" has got to be a Muslim extremist.
I think it's equally plausible to originate in the US among the "Terry Jones Islam hating crowd", but I do agree that it's not Jewish in origin. If it was Jewish in origin I dare say it would be a lot more subtle about advertising it's "Jewish" credentials. When Jews fund and make political films (and it certainly does happen) they tend to downplay their Jewishness, not play it up.

Of course it's equally possible that Terry Jones is just pawn in all this

To be honest, I don't know whose behind this. However, I've never seen Islamicists use such a cynical tactic before. It doesn't feel like the sort of thing they'd do. Call it a gut feeling, but I don't think it's a Muslim Extremist who made this. Regardless, the mysterious Sam Basile was an agent provocateur. He made this film specifically to create hatred and violence.