View Single Post
Old 2011-06-20, 05:45   Link #26
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
I love how some posters (thankfully still a few... Still.) here glorify their 'yuri fan' self while putting down fujoshis/BL fans. Yeah, we have no life, 24/7ing at loving mansex! certainly those who think like that have stalked us in RL, telescoping our hikkikomori/NEET time in our room!

IKR? Prejudice is great~~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Maybe some lesbians do not like Yuri because it's too feminine? And maybe they like Yaoi better because the male characters in yaoi do not behave like men (not even gay men) and the "seme" characters are basically butch lesbians with dicks?
Pardon me here, but I do have to ask on whether you have read, first handedly, considerable amount of BL to come across the concept of generalizing the likable (more known/popular/sells well/well received) BL mangas having characters not behaving like men?

As far as I know though, the ones that are well received in Japan are less likely the full throttle delicious, pretty and sexy R18 ones (... Of course that sells too ), but those which have dynamic relationship depiction with less... 'Girlish' characters (which pisses a lot of us too, haha, lots of us are runaways from shoujo mangas with terribly feminist heroines with one track persona) or the ones that creates fuzzy warm feeling. Or something on the line of that derivation.

... Although I do wonder what you mean by this. Acts girly? Think too much of romance? Act like a struck schoolgirl? Way of thinking comes across as how girls think? Angsting? Not direct? Hard to relate? Or what? Just because authors tend to focus the softer side of feelings doesn't always mean that the characters do not have a scratch of man(ly) behaviour... Plus I think a lot of them wanted to create a character, not men being manly for the sake of being 100% real anyway... I mean, being too real limits the potential for creating works that actually attracts the fans, that one goes to bara in any case.

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote