View Single Post
Old 2008-10-04, 23:59   Link #48
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime ronin View Post
well of course with the gears luffy has gotten stronger. but overall luffy is really just a guy with c ontinuous dominant strength. it never really changes as far as power goes except when he uses his gears. notice when he fights bosses, power is really never the problem for him, its typically how he beats them. like he always has to do something different to beat his opponents rather than use more strength.

so in dbz talk, his power level is pretty much the same throughout the series...
I doubt that completely. There's no way that the Luffy in the beginning of the show and the Luffy now are equals. Whether we're talking about physical strength, mentality, or fighting spirit, the current Luffy is stronger than the old Luffy by a country mile. There's no way you can go through all the crap Luffy's been through and not gain a physical increase of some kind. You can tell just by looking at his physique that he's a lot stronger than he used to be.

I mean right now we're just talking about Luffy, but the other guys have been through a lot less crap in turns of fights than Luffy has, and they've all gotten significantly physically stronger, and their opponents were all basically normal (and I use that term lightly) compared to Luffy's opponents.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote