View Single Post
Old 2012-10-12, 08:39   Link #636
Westlo
Lets be reality

Watched this a while back, really liked it, haven't enjoyed a first episode of a new shounen anime as much since Kekkaishi. Quite charming and I like the dynamic between the two main characters. Animation is high quality, music was nice and the OP was stunning. Looking forward to when Mor joins the cast and seeing where this goes.... So hard to resist reading the manga... though I might just read everything before the big arc... if they're going to speed through things to animate it.

And speaking of the manga...

Top 50 Oricon Rankings (01/10 - 07/10)

32. Magi #1 (25,934 / 227,781)
34. Magi #14 (25,226 / 183,698)
38. Magi #2 (23,322 / 208,533)
44. Magi #3 (20,650 / 203,712)

I hope to see a lot of this over the next 6 months! If this has a Kuroko's Basket sales explosion (or even better Ao no Exorcist) than a sequel would be a mere formality if the anime sales are decent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakou View Post
I thought this was gonna be crap. It's actually okay, not sure that I'll keep watching it. I don't get what the target audience is. The story is extremely childish and cliche, yet boob talk every 5 minutes. Meh. Unless the story gets more interesting/deep, not gonna continue.
It's a shounen series, of course the target audience is kids. Of course that doesn't mean that it can't appeal to demographics outside of its main audience, or that it has to be completely chidlish and cliche. It just started, while a weak defense... the majority of series like this start off very slow. Usually when they hit their first big arc is when they hit their stride... going by impressions and interviews... this series is going to sprint to that arc....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Good to confirm suspicions though that she is a key member of this group.
Wasn't it obvious enough by the OP ;p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
You can be guaranteed everyone thought that was going to be Morgiana.
Except for the manga readers it seems lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
I'm assuming Aladdin is a human boy, though the chest wrapping and VA is swaying me otherwise and his mission is to aid is genie to find more genie and free them?!
Well maybe it was different in the manga but in the anime you can see no wrapping around his chest in the first scene, and who I assume is UGO says "My king, the greatest of all those who wield magic" blah blah.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote