View Single Post
Old 2013-02-21, 19:23   Link #86
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Maybe the title is just something assigned during each generation. Hashirama was the "god" of his time, Hiruzen the "god" of his, and maybe Naruto will be the "god" of the current time. (In many respects, Sarutobi seems more like the real deal since he didn't have any fancy bloodlines or Jinchuuriki power-ups or Sage relations to boost his abilities.) It does mess up the whole 'each generation stronger than the last' thingy, but everything in the series does that anyway so I see no reason why it should it matter anymore (or even be brought up in discussions considering how often it has been ignored or disproven).
i doubt the 'god of shinobi' thing is generational, since suigetsu only recognized hashirama as the god of shinobi. he wasn't like "2 (or 3 counting minato) gods of shinobi in one place!"

i do totally agree that sarutobi was the real deal as far as a pure ninja goes. i actually like that better than all these powerups. i dont hate the powerups, but i prefered the series up until hidan, susano'o and pain when the 'realism' of these ninjas went out the window. not that it was ever real, but it felt more 'real' in the world kishi created than these new god-level powers. i prefer characters like hiruzen and kakashi as far as abilities go

the only reason i was talking about the generational foul up was because of the relevance to hashirama who is in the spot light right now. it has been broken for a long time, but seeing hashirama's god-level power just brings it all back to me
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote