View Single Post
Old 2013-03-14, 19:09   Link #236
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
From what I understood, her parents left her the house, while Dr. Ishida called her on various occasions to make sure she was alright. Which interestingly, Hayate tended to ignore. Didn't want to be pitied, I guess. :|
And after the knights appearance, all of the stuff Graham did was taken over by them and the book of darkness.

Though I have a plot-hole of my own that I thought was fixed with the removal of graham. How did Graham find Hayate in the first place? I don't believe this was ever explained. Especially before her "powers" were even activated.
How does she pay for medical bills? Food? Electricity? Water? The ability to pay off officials who would either ship her off to an orphanage or foster family, or assign her a caregiver? Japan, more than most countries, is fairly in touch with making sure kids have guardians(or at least going to school). Even Fate needed a guardian once she lost Precia. If she has enough money to pay for all that, then she's relatively rich, and should have a butler or maid or something. Beyond that, Ishida would be duty-bound to report that Hayate is living alone.

And Graham found her because he was tracking the book. Given magic is involved, it is not hard to see him with the drive and the ability to find it.

Quote:
@Rising: This is the Nanoha series, children don't need orphanages. They can live alone.
On Earth? in Japan? What Japanese child in Japan, in the Nanoha series, lived alone? Hell, even in Mid-Childa, Erio and Caro were taken to shelters. Japanese ideals and social/cultural aspects tend to find themselves woven into even off-world human societies.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote