View Single Post
Old 2012-06-08, 00:59   Link #2064
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
To be fair, they can still try and have Flit go that route. Chances are if they do Kio will be the one to stop him.
Except he never had any to begin with and it'd be inconsistent with the story and his actions. Plus people seem to forget that he's the protagonist and not an "anti-hero"

The turning point was when he was about to shoot that Vagan guy in the back with a pistol. Grodeck saved him from going down that route by firing first and then paying the price for his actions in jail. That kept Flit from becoming like the Vagans who are actually committing genocide by gunning down civilians and colonies.

And another thing is is that he's no longer part of the military so where exactly is he going to get the resources to construct some death ray? He's not the professor (futurama) you know. Hell he's not even on their good side given the fact that the was literally for 50 years begging them to use the AGE system to its full extent to build better weapons to combat the Vagans. The Federation even after the purge looks down on the guy.

I can see a conflict where he may refrain Kio from being more helpful to the Vagans and that's probably where the "understanding" will come from. The Show's theme is about "three destinies coming together" and the AGE gundam is suppose to be a "saviour" so it'd fit in if it somehow ended up saving not just the Earth but Mars as well.

My only concern though is if Kio starts adopting a no-kill policy...god I hate those.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote