View Single Post
Old 2013-02-07, 21:23   Link #45
Vicious108

Well that was... anti-climatic. That feeling might partially stem from all the hype which included the whole thing about Gen calling this episode his masterpiece, but still, in the end, it turned out to be just one big tease. It was a viscerally thrilling ride and all, but in the end it didn't really offer much in the way of true substance, nor was there any real payoff to all the build up from the previous episodes. And pulling the "characters get to see it, but the audience doesn't" card at the end was just lame. Why further extend the mystery and suspense when the reveal had been built up perfectly and the time was just right for the bomb to be dropped? So it can never live up to the even bigger expectations people will have now?

Not only that, but it seems that Kougami really meant nothing beyond temporary entertainment to Makishima, who ended up failing quite spectacularly. And save for the brief quoting, their confrontation ended up being just a less well animated Spike vs Vincent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Anyways Im' glad Makishima got caught now and not just killed (no way Akane would have killed him, btw) in the finale. Now it's interesting to see what they will do with him. I still have a slight hope he'll play John Doe's role from Seven.
One can only hope. It was disappointing that Che Gu Seung had to meet his end already, but at least Makishima still has a chance of amounting to something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Well, let's see...

We got a pretty exciting cliffhanger so I'm guessing that the next episode will tell Kagari's back story.
What cliffhanger? Everything was wrapped up (too) neatly. The only two people who saw Sybil's dirty secret are now dead and the only person who had the ability to expose it is now captured.

As for Bureau Chief Kasei not being human, that was already heavily hinted at the end of episode 13. I would hardly call it a twist. The only twist in this episode was that there was no real twist.

As to what will happen now, I guess the protagonists might find Kagari's fate to be suspicious and begin to inspect Sybil as a result.