View Single Post
Old 2016-02-10, 04:51   Link #43
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I’m just gonna post this here since posting it in Asuki-Awards thread won’t be appropriate IMO. I have seen this movie way back then but didn’t get to voice my (short) opinion in this thread, so here it is:

This movie was mediocre at best. It feels more like a side-quest/filler rather than a worthy continuation of the series. It doesn’t really take the characters to new grounds which is ironic since the premise of the movie is taking Akane & co (as well as Sybil) to see the world outside Japan. Kogami become the generic reluctant foreigner (aka. Japanese) who becomes the “leader” of resistance in non-Japan country with no notable character arc. The “no notable character arc”-bit can also be applied to Akane. Even her reunion with Kogami doesn’t result in anything meaningful other than exposing and ruining the “villain of the week's” plans with Sybil still came out on top (after obligatory taking Akane’s advise and input to improve for the better). They're basically just saying "hi" to each other and "see you" at the end of the movie. Other supporting characters are basically non-existent aside from providing Akane with backup and more firepower. We did get a little “last goodbye” thingy between Kogami & Ginoza, but that’s it. All in all, this is pretty much like a movie from a long-running shonen series like Naruto and Bleach which doesn’t really add anything very important to the series. In terms of content, at best, it’s only as good as Naruto: The Last movie which is disappointing for Psycho-Pass standard. And I’m glad this movie didn’t win the movie category in Asuki-Awards coz it really doesn’t deserve it. I’m not a fan of Love Live, but even I can see how Love Live Movie is understandably better than Psycho-Pass Movie. In fact, I feel Psycho-Pass is the only movie that doesn’t deserve to be in the top-five nomination.

Oh, and that goddamn annoyingly long and frequent Engrish! Kill it with fire!