View Single Post
Old 2018-06-06, 16:32   Link #69
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
You don't need RS for result like that.
In the case of a D-mail, Moeka finding the IBN is the evidence of that: the dmail couldn't possibly be send by herself because that was in a previous world line, but the fact remains that she already seized the IBN. And she doesn't have any RS.
In the case of a time travel, we got the badge issue.

It is exactly the same with SERN:
-If SERN used a D-mail or time leap, the fact they can't send a message to themselves in the future doesn't change the fact they received a D-mail about the time machine. As for the time leap, that information is already preserved for that person. Ergo, okarin's first d-mail is no longer needed.
-If SERN used real time travel, the situation is exactly the same as Suzuha: she explicitely explain in the VN that the WL she visits when traveling back in time isn't the same as hers. This is the reason why time traveler cannot meet themselves as TT as well. We fall in the same issue as the lab mem badge: even if the past changes, as long the situation can be replicated with other means, then it will happen. Therefore, as long they know they got that information from the future, it will not prevent them to send it again, meaning the original source of that information is no longer relevant (think about Recursive Mother Goose and you will understand what I meant about that).
Oh, RMG. Yeah okay. I can see now that SERN can't have future info. My initial view is that if Rounder already knew about FG labmen then SERN must have already read the first D-Mail and deleting it would mean nothing. And I also thought that even though Okabe's blabber can be heard from the 1st floor it's weird for Rounder to take them seriously so they must have been on them since the beginning. But I guess one of Okabe's blabbers mentioned some keyword that they can't ignore like Rounders, Echelon, etc etc huh? Well, at least we agree that there is a deadline for deleting that first D-Mail in Echelon. But, just for the sake of completion let's discuss the rest.

Quote:
It isn't like they can't, it is more like they didn't try it. As stupid as it sound, I wouldn't be surprise if they don't want to interact in that part of history to avoid any paradox. The whole issue with real time travel is that if you affect the past that would interact with the current present and future, you are at risk of screwing stuff. As far as logic goes in such scenario, SERN probably only tinkered the time continuum any part of history after they finished the time machine.
Suzuha explicitely said they dominated the world with the time machine, which means they actively used it to take control of the world. But they didn't send anyone to safeguard the origin of the time machine, or else we would have counter agent a la terminator in 2010. Simply speaking, SERN was either too arrogant thinking no one else had the time machine tech, or didn't want to risk anything about time paradox.
The world line theory Suzuha stated specifically says that paradoxes like the grand father paradox are impossible though. And she must have known that from SERN. If SERN knew paradoxes are impossible then they don't need to fear causing paradoxes.

Quote:
I don't ever think it was a cult or anything. If anything, Suzuha is specialized in infiltration and actual combats, so it isn't surprising if she could get information from actual SERN employee and stuff like that.
Furthermore, it is very likely Okarin who explained how SERN got the time machine since he was captured in the first place. So it isn't like SERN has to make it public.
Kurisu is known as the mother of time machine, despite her being actually a captive working against her will. And iirc this is actually known publicly in the future, which means SERN made it so, even if they don't need to.

Last edited by erneiz_hyde; 2018-06-06 at 16:43.
erneiz_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote