View Single Post
Old 2013-03-18, 21:16   Link #18
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

It's not just about the cynicism of the student body (or lack of it), but that the ordinary student in that ceremony wouldn't know about the events in Sakurasou. We as the viewers obviously know what they went through - all the blood, sweat, and tears that they shed in their search for success, friendship, and love - but the ordinary student wouldn't have known about that. And if the general student body was apathetic enough for their petition to garner only around 300 signatures in spite of all of Sakurasou's efforts, then how can they reasonably be expected to jump on the bandwagon and oppose Sakurasou's demolition?

The students in my high school were pretty cycnical though. We would applaud the symphonic band for tuning their instruments before they even played any songs, give a standing ovation to the guy who adjusts the microphone stand for every competitor in a public speaking competition, and give our principal the Nazi salute during national day. I think Misaki would probably have been booed off the stage in my school.

Goeben Alaska Hood Albacore Archerfish

Lexington Hornet Taihou Ranger Surcouf

Wichita Houston Sirius Yuubari Brooklyn

Ikazuchi Hibiki Aviere Akizuki Suzutsuki

Last edited by frivolity; 2013-03-18 at 21:50.