View Single Post
Old 2009-04-07, 08:23   Link #1136
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachael View Post
Since we're on that - despite its low budget, despite the botched animation (at times), despite the occasional suspect direction, despite the incomplete OP, and despite the fact that some jokes fell flat and despite some of the supporting characters are too one-dimensional, Hyakko has that magic X-factor that snares me. It's f'ing brilliant. It's (ironically) the off-beat pacing, direction, music, characters, and not much plot. HYAAKKKOOO But that thread's very lonely And I want more Hyakko.

That said, that series started out really really slowly, and this one (K-On) might too, so I'm reserving judgment for now, but there's lots of promise.
I completely agree with all your points here; .....and the OP song actually sound better when the actual animation is complete (rather than recycling screen form 1st Ep, which i hate with all passion).

When you looks at it that way, the problem that K-on may encounter (which Hyakko didn't) is it may not be able to meet up the expectation that 1st ep set up. But then, who knows. Later eps of K-on can be so interesting/nice/ hilarious that it will create a massive wave in internet

It does not change the fact that we have to wait for Ep 2 of K-on