View Single Post
Old 2017-05-21, 03:18   Link #26
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
You can't really say these are two different entities since Ao is supposed to be the sequel to E7. Objectively speaking, i have to admit that, even at worst, Ao by itself was still a decent series. However, when looking at it as a sequel, as the continuation of eureka and renton's story, is where you'll find the many reasons why I and so many fans of E7 hated Ao. No matter how well done Ao was, if you make the original ending pointless, the bad guy right, and subvert all the themes that made people love E7, well you're going to piss off at least half the fanbase at best, and make them wish Ao was never made. E7 will always remain great, but if Ao is supposed to be the canon sequel, well rather than saying Ao ruined E7, it would be more accurate to say that, for me at least, it ruined my enjoyment and memories of E7.
No, I'm pretty sure I can. I just did. Ao maybe anything it wants, but I (or anyone else) can just pretend this shit never happened. Aaaaand it's gone!

>Ao by itself was still a decent series

Sorry, but I guess this is were we won't agree anyway. Even if I were to forget about production quality - Ao was plain fucking stupid. Little to no backstory of the world, no backstory for characters, little interaction between them etc. Main cast plus some statists is all Ao could provide. This is not even close to "decent". And this is one I can't even compare it to E7 or shows of the same caliber (in case we decide to forget that E7 ever existed to be more objective about Ao).